Pinehurst Country Club boasts not one, but two golf courses. The Maxwell 18, Pinehurst’s signature course, emphasizes the natural elevation changes on the centuries-old property. The undulating greens vary in size and pitch, making
every putt a challenge.
Adding the 9-hole regulation course, par 36, to the 18-hole course offers serious golfers infinite variety and choice of tee times. Fairways are blended into a unique design with four lakes, 65 bunkers and five thousand mature trees, offering golfers of all skill levels a memorable outing.
Pinehurst has a full, competitive tournament schedule for men, women, couples, and junior golfers. Pinehurst is often asked to host the Colorado PGA section events, recognizing the course uniqueness and playability.
The successful and growing junior golf program provides young people lessons and playing time on the 9-hole course, preparing them with the skills and etiquette to play with their parents on the Maxwell 18.
Awards and Highlights:
- 1963 Women’s Trans-Miss won by Ms. Judy Bell
- 1975 LPGA’s National Jewish Hospital Open won by Ms. Judy Rankin
- 1982 Denver Post Senior PGA Tour Champions of Golf won by Arnold Palmer
- 1982 Senior Tour of Champions Golf Tournament
- 2002 Colorado PGA Section “Merchandiser of the Year” for Private Clubs
- 2004-2005 Colorado Section PGA Foundation Pro-Am
- 2006 Hosted Boys High School 5A State Golf Championship
- 2008 Colorado Golf Association Stroke Play Championship
- 2009 Colorado Women’s Golf Association State Match Play Championship
- 2010 Voted Best Overall and Most Family Friendly Private Club
by Colorado Avid Golfer
- 2011 USGA Senior Women’s Amateur Qualifier